Friday, August 15, 2014

Finished a new baby quilt....

Below are images of a baby quilt I just finished (a little slow...baby is already a few months old). The embroidery images are from test stitch-outs that I did for embroidery designer, Tammie Pfeiffer, called Curley Sunbonnets. I have done tests for Tammie for several years and her designs are always great! When I was trying to figure out what I wanted to do for this quilt for a baby girl, I remembered these darling designs.

I dug into my large rubber tote of saved test samples, squared up the test blocks and found a a small print in my stash for the alternate blocks, border and quilt-back.  I pieced my blocks, then let it all sit while I pondered how I would quilt it so the quilting would stabilize the quilt and not interfere with the embroidery. I wound up doing a simple diagonal quilting. I added a narrow 1/4" flange in a dark green print all around before adding the border and really liked the extra touch that the flange provided. Used commercial binding and added a label on the back. Finally washed, dried, and photographed. Voila! Quilt finished and ready to be delivered.

Whole quilt






























Some of the individual blocks:






All the embroidery designs are done in a lovely triple-stitch that shows up well and stitches quickly. You can order the Curley Sunbonnets embroidery designs in both the 4 x 4 or 5 x 7 sizes from Tammie at:
http://www.oregonpatchworks.com/collections.php?id=TAED

The individual blocks would also look great as an accent of the front of a purse or tote, or a collection of throw pillows, or .... let your imagination run!

Until next time, dear friends, remember:

The Lord's steadfast love toward us is great! The faithfulness of the Lord endures forever! Praise the Lord! (Psalm 117: 2, NRSV)


3 comments:

  1. Judith, You always do a wonderful job of stitching and taking photos! Beautiful quilt! Someone will be very lucky to have it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is for my beautician's new baby girl.

      Delete
  2. Judith ..I have no way of replying to your comment ...your a non-reply blogger ...please write me privately...you won my giveaway and I need your email addy :-)

    ReplyDelete