This month, I was able to eek out the time to participate. She had some lovely angel designs and I decided that one of the designs would be perfect to feature on the front for a tote. So I stitched out the design on my embroidery machine (Brother PR 600 II) and the began designing a simple tote that would highlight the embroidery. I also had a stash of batik fat quarters that were begging to be used.
|I decided to work with these fall leaf colors. So here is a shot of the selected colors and a zipper for an inner zipped pocket. The muted orange piece on the bottom will become the lining.|
|The embroidered angel panel is surrounded by burgundy and orange batiks.|
|This will become the back of the tote utilizing the colors from the front with one additional orange. I have not yet added the top and bottom strips that will match the top and bottom strips on the front.|
Then I made my lining with an inset zipper pocket, added the cross-body strap and here's the finished tote. I used portions of 4 batik fat quarters for everything except the embroidered panel. I think it made a very cute tote, that is a nice medium size.
|Finished cross-body tote showing the front.|
|Finished back of the same tote.|
In the meantime, may your lives be filled with our Lord's Blessings and may your days be filled with lots of lovely sewing. Come back soon, for I will have some great new bags to show (as soon as I can talk about them).