Friday, September 19, 2014

The Spectrum Tote by Cozy Nest Design

Hello all! I am delighted to be able to share what I was working on, but couldn't talk about during my Around the World blog. I was again privileged to to a tester for Sarah Gido of Cozy Nest Design (link to her site is on the right).

The Spectrum Tote with me holding it so that you can see how large it is.
















 As you can see, this is a nice large tote with an inside zipper pocket. I found the pattern easy to follow even though this tote has quite a few pieces. Sarah has a nice set of labels you can print and stick on the pieces of fabric as you cut them out to help keep everything straight.

I used Pellon SF101 as the interfacing for my fabric and then used canvas as my interlining. It was the first time I had ever used canvas and found it quite east to use. I did switch to a size 16 needle once I got to the part where I was sewing the canvas along with the fabric. Sarah also used a great way to do the binding around the handles that was easy and gives a great finish.

The Spectrum Tote front view
The Spectrum tote side view


The Spectrum Tote showing inside zipper pocket.
Some of the other testers added more goodies inside their bags, such as slip pockets, a laptop pocket (yes, this bag is large enough to carry your laptop or tablet), and a key fob. So you can see there is lots of room for creativity. If you check out the Cozy Nation Design link on the right, you will find lots more photos of this tote done by the other testers. Depending on your fabric choice, it can look anywhere from very casual to very elegant.

It would also look great in seasonal or special holiday fabrics.

To see the other testers bags click here. The variety is amazing and they all look great!

Well, I have another tote that I created around an embroidery design that I will be sharing very soon.

Hugs and happy sewing!
                Judith


3 comments:

  1. I love your bag and you made it in my favourite colours. My daughter claimed mine so I now have a good excuse for making another one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judith your bag is beautiful, those colours remind me the water and looks so calm

    ReplyDelete