Saturday, November 29, 2014

Necessary Clutch Wallet

Front

I recently finished my first Necessary Clutch Wallet (NCW) by Emmaline, showed it to a few friends and immediately got some orders! It is a lot of fun to make and has a variety of options that can be used to make it fit your needs. I absolutely love it!

You can order your pattern by clicking Emmaline. I did the instant download and found the directions very clear. You can also join NCW Addicts on facebook for lots of help and additional files to help you personalize your own NCW.


Inside 

Back
I did my NCW in cotton quilting batiks in Arizona Sunset colors. I followed the basic pattern other than using the wristlet option and the zipper tab option. Both options are available in the files section of the NCW Addicts FB group. You must have the basic pattern first, the additional files do not work without the pattern.

I used the suggested interfacing, but after getting a very uneven front flap, I searched the files and found one called NCW Border Placement Alternative Method. I took apart my flap, recut my border piece and trimmed my peltex per the instructions. Put it all back together and got a much nicer flap with the border. I am currently making 3 without the border, but with the double zipper option in the files, 2 will have long straps and one will have a wristlet. See the photo below of the fabrics chosen and cutout. Awaiting hardware and zippers before I can do much more.

Will just have a wristlet. Exterior flap cut from a repurposed piece of faux leather.

Will have a long strap.

Will have a long strap.
Until next time, may you sew with joy, stay healthy and be filled with God's awesome blessings!
                                   Judith

"The Lord is good, a stronghold in the day of trouble. And He knows those who trust in Him."   Nahum 1:7






2 comments:

  1. Looks gorgeous. I love this pattern. Looks like you're hooked too now. They all look great but that last fabric really caught my eye. I've finished 10 I think up until now.

    ReplyDelete