Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Merry Christmas and More

Wishing you and your families a Merry and Blessed Christmas! Thank you for viewing my Blog and leaving your comments. They are a great inspiration to me and I appreciate your taking the time to comment.

I have been sewing up until just a couple days ago and wanted to share what I have been doing. This first bag is the Wavy Top Bag designed by Bethany Rapp of Sweet Bee Buzzings that I made for my baby sister several months ago (but had forgotten to photograph it). Fortunately, I had forgotten to close the bottom of the lining and so she let me borrow it to fix the lining and I took the opportunity to take the photos I needed). I had made one even earlier for myself, but have worn it out because I carried it everywhere for almost a year.

This is the front of the bag. In addition to a stylish wavy top, it has a nice sized front slip pocket.
 This is the top of the bag showing the inset zipper that keeps everything nice and secure.
 This shows inside with the zipper pocket....
 and this view shows the opposite side with 4 slip pockets.

It was the first time that I had tried Annie's Soft 'n Stable and I really liked the way it worked.

Then about a week ago, I finished another Necessary Clutch Wallet (NCW) by Emmaline (click on the link to order your own pattern) that used the last of the great paisley fabric that I had used for my sister's purse shown above. Here is my 4th NCW. It has a cross-body strap and double zipper pockets. Front of NCW:
 This next shot shows the inside of the NCW containing two sets of six card slots, two slip pockets for cash and coupons, two zipper pockets, a large center space that will hold even a large cell phone and two smaller spaces in front of each of the card slots. These little bags hold a lot in a small space (finished size is about 4.5" x 8").
 I just got some rivets, leather punch and rivet tools and so used them on the sides and strap of this NCW. They really worked beautifully and I intend to use a lot more rivets in the future.

If you see a bag on my blog that you might want to order, just send me a message and I will contact you. Each bag is handmade and unique. I do not do any mass production.

Thanks for reading my blog. Until next time, may the Lord watch and keep you and yours!
                                    Blessings to you!
                                                          Judith



2 comments:

  1. Love the new look blog with lovely large photos to show off your beautiful creations. Gorgeous fabric and colours just perfect for the Wavy Tote bag and the NCW. I made the tote so long ago and would love to find the time to make another.
    Merry Christmas to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete