Saturday, March 21, 2015

Liliane Bag by Delinda Boutique Patterns



I recently got to test a really fun large hobo bag for Delinda Boutique Patterns that has some lovely details. The pattern has just been released and you can get your copy here.

I chose a lovely vintage plaid fabric for the main exterior, black fabric for the contrast exterior and a red and white polka dot for the lining.

All my fabrics are vintage so can offer no information on where they might be found.

This pattern was very clear and easy to follow. The choice of fabrics and the buckle will take it from simple to elegant. I chose a simple look for my test bag. The buckle hides a  magnetic snap for the top closure.

In the photo above, you can see the buckle detail and the cool front pockets. The pockets go all the way across the front of the bag. You can also see the simple pleats that help give this bag a lovely shape.


This is the back of the bag. Notice that the pleats from the front are repeated on the back. They not only give shape to the bag, but they add another touch of style.


This photo shows a the inside of the bag that has a zipper pocket on one side and a large slip pocket on the other side. The large slip pocket can be divided to make two smaller slip pockets. I chose to leave mine as one slip pocket.

Overall, the bag was not difficult to sew. The directions, even in the testing phase, were clear and easy to follow with loads of photos for those of us who like visuals. I kept the directions up on my laptop rather than printing them and simply scrolled down as I sewed. I only printed the pattern pieces, which minimized the number of pages that needed to be printed.

Until next time, may you sew with joy, stay healthy and be filled with God's awesome blessings!
                                   Judith


2 comments: