Thursday, April 16, 2015

The Lombard Street Bag by ChrisW Designs

Front of Lombard Street Bag done in quilting weight cotton
I recently was part of a fun sew along on ChrisW Designs FB group to do the Lombard Street Bag (you can get your own pattern by clicking on the ChrisW Designs icon on the right side of my page). In fact, I actually made two of these bags during the sew along, the black one (below) was a special order.

Front of Lombard Street Bag done in wool suiting with an extra small zipper pocket

Back of Lombard Street Bag showing iPad/tablet zipper pocket open

Back of Lombard Street Bag with iPad/Tablet pocket closed

Lombard Street Bag from top showing inside slip pockets and top zipper

Lombard Street Bag in process showing iPad/Tablet pocket attached to the back

Back of Lombard Street Bag showing iPad/Tablet pocket closed

Lombard Strteet Bag from the top showing iPad/Tablet pocket partially open on the back and the secure top zipper closure
For the first bag I used a wonderful Robert Kaufman Screen Print I had in my stash for the exterior. For the black bag, I used a wonderful fine wool suit weight. Both worked great. For the linings, I used cotton and cotton/poly blends. The cotton/poly blends are a bit tricky because they have a tendency to fray.

 This is a perfect sized everyday bag that finishes to 10" x 11.5" x 2". It has a hidden zipper pocket and two large slip pockets (one with an additional phone slip pocket inside) on the front. You will see an additional small zipper pocket on the front of the black bag that was a special request by my client. It also has a padded iPad/Tablet pocket on the back, and 4 slip pockets inside. I love having all the organized spaces.

This is a bit challenging to sew, but as always, ChrisW's directions are excellent. There are over 50 pieces to cut out, so labeling and keeping carefully organized is a must for sanity. I tend to print the pattern pieces and keep the actual instructions open on my laptop because the photos with the directions make everything very clear.

I thoroughly enjoyed the sew along and the wonderful helpfulness of all the participants and leaders. I also have two more special orders for this bag and will begin cutting out all the pieces later today!

Until next time, may you sew with joy, stay healthy and be filled with God's awesome blessings!
                                   Judith




2 comments:

  1. Great bags! The colorful one is great for spring!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Currently cutting out 2 more.

      Delete