Saturday, April 18, 2015

The Manhattan Bag - April pattern from Bag of the Month Club 2015

The Manhattan Bag front with flap closed
I recently finished the April Bag of the Month 2015 --the Manhattan Bag by Janelle at Emmaline Bags. You can still join the Bag of the Month Club 2015 here and you will still get all 6 months of patterns. You will immediately get the Jan-April patterns and be ready for May and June as they are released. It is a great deal with fun patterns!

I chose a  quilting cotton that I have had in my stash for years waiting for the perfect project. This pattern comes with two sizes a Miss and a Mamma. I made the Mamma which finishes to 11.5" x 10.5" x 3.5". The Miss is smaller, finishing at 9" x 7.5" x 2".  It also has an adjustable strap so you can wear it cross-body or on the shoulder, whichever you prefer. 

Under the flap on the front of the bag is a roomy slip pocket that would be great for a cell phone. The flap closes with two magnetic snaps.

Manhattan Bag bag back showing exterior zipper pocket
The back of the bag has a handy exterior zipper pocket that would be great for keys and other goodies.


Manhattan Bag flap unzipped showing case for glasses
This pattern is unique in that is has a flap that has a zipper around the edge to allow for extra storage and comes with a small surprise...a pattern for a simple case for your glasses that attaches inside the flap with hook and loop tape. 


Glasses case open
Finally, inside the bag is a nice slip pocket and you could always add an additional slip or a zipper pocket on the other side. Lots of room for personal personalizing for your specific organizational needs.


Manhattan Bag showing inside slip pocket

The pattern is clearly written with lots of excellent diagrams for each step. Check out Janelle's website in the first sentence to see her other fine patterns and  purse making goodies and hardware. She is also the designer of the Necessary Clutch Wallet that I have featured in earlier blogs. 

Until next time, may you sew with joy, stay healthy and be filled with God's awesome blessings!
                                   Judith

4 comments:

  1. So cool Judith! Looks great! Wasn't it fun to make? I made the small version for now. I'm sure I'll be using the pattern more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It was fun to make. Now I need to make the new free zipper pouch Janelle just posted that fits in the flap.

      Delete
  2. This is a beautiful bag--I love it. The fabric looks like ribbons sewn together. :) I have my fabric in hand for the April BOM, but I haven't sewn it yet. It will be my first Emmaline Bags pattern to sew! We're getting flooring replaced throughout our home, and that trumps sewing temporarily! I'm looking forward to getting back into it soon. Until then, it's wonderful to have blogs like yours for inspiration and encouragement!

    Krista

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind comments. I am sure you will enjoy your new floors. You will also have fun sewing this pattern. Janelle provides great directions and clear diagrams.

      Delete