Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Serendipity Hip by ChrisW Designs Sew Along


I recently participated in a sew along to make the delightful Serendipity Hip bag by ChrisW Designs (order your own pattern by clicking on the link on the right edge of this page). This is an amazingly well-organized small cross-body bag that finishes 8 inches wide by 10 inches tall and just 1 3/4 inches deep.


It has a top zipper securing the main compartment. On the front is a slip pocket with a phone pocket inside and an exterior zipper pocket.


Inside the main compartment shown above, the pattern provides for the 2 card pockets, 1 slip pocket and a zipper pocket. You can see that I added an additional slip pocket on the left in the photo above. I cut my original phone pocket too small and since I hate to waste pretty fabric, I simply added it to the lining as an additional slip pocket.

As always from ChrisW Designs, the directions and pattern were excellently written and easy to follow. This bag sewed together very quickly and was a lot of fun to make. I can see myself making more of these.

Until next time, may you sew with joy, stay healthy and be filled with God's awesome blessings!
                                   Judith


6 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. Absolutely love your bag

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pat, thanks. I enjoyed making it.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Judith ...I reeeally like the fabrics & colors !!
    I need to make another one...love this pattern

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Liz. I appreciate your comment. I love this pattern too!

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Liz. I appreciate your comment. I love this pattern too!

      Delete