Friday, October 23, 2015

Diana Tote Bag by Delinda Boutique

Diana Tote Bag front
I recently tested a new pattern from Delinda Boutique called the Diana Tote Bag. This pattern is  easy to sew and has very few pieces. It is quite large, finishing to about 20" wide and 23" high. It is a soft, floppy bag that is perfect for shopping and can be sewn up in just a couple hours. It has three pleats on the bottom that give it a nice shape, closes with a magnetic snap and has two slip pockets inside. Of course, you could easily add more pockets.

I used a pintucked suede type cloth for the exterior and a cotton blend for the interior. The pattern includes directions for an optional scrap fabric flower decoration, but I chose to use a ribbon flower. (I have made ribbon flowers for years and was delighted to have one that looked great with my fabric.)

This is a free pattern and you can get your copy here.

Exterior front cut with flower prior to assembly
 Note that the photo above shows the truest colors of the fabric I used. I think the way the suede cloth reflected light made it hard to get photos that were true to color.

Close-up of ribbon flower
The interior is very roomy, has a double slip pocket, and can hold lots of treasures!
Interior showing slip pockets and pleats in the bottom
I did add 3" in length to the handles because the 6" called for seemed a bit tight.

The bag is a lot of fun to make and as I noted above, the pattern is free.


Until next time, may you sew with joy, stay healthy and be filled with God's awesome blessings!
                                                                                                                                 Judith

5 comments: