Monday, October 19, 2015

The Snazzy Slouch by ChrisW Designs

The Snazzy Slouch front
I just finished my first Snazzy Slouch by Chris W Designs. This is soft, slouchy, roomy bag with lots of features. It finishes to about 12" wide by 9" tall by 5" deep. It has 4 large exterior slip pockets, 4 interior slip pockets and an interior zippered divider pocket, a nice wide adjustable strap and is secured with a top zipper. Of course, you could always adjust the pockets, add an interior zipper pocket in place of or in addtion to the slip pockets.

If you tend to carry one of the larger clutch wallets, like the Penny Inn, this bag has plenty of room for it. You could even keep your wallet on one side of the divider pocket and have room for your tablet on the other side of the divider pocket.

Interior showing center divider pocket partially unzipped

Interior showing center divider pocket zipped and all 4 slip pockets
I chose to use vintage home decorator weight fabrics for the exteror and a cotton blend lining. I think fall has had me on a burnt orange craze for the past month. I found that this bag comes together quickly. Virtually all the smaller segments are made and then you just pop it together.
Top showing zipper closure
Detail of the top showing strap 

Detail showing the strap attached with rivets

Close-up of the front of the purse showing large slip pockets and adjustable strap
I really enjoyed making this Snazzy Slouch. It is perfect for keeping everything organized and handy.

This pattern is not difficult but it is listed for intermediate sewers and I think that even advanced beginners could make it without too much difficutly. I found the text version of the directions very clear and only referred to the more detailed directions with photos a couple of times. As with most ChrisW Designs patterns, this one has incredibly detailed directions with photos that I usually just view on my laptop and only print the shorter set of text only directions.

You can get your own pattern here.

Until next time, may you sew with joy, stay healthy and be filled with God's awesome blessings!
                                                                                                                                          Judith

5 comments:

  1. Looks beautiful, Judith. You know I love orange!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your "orange fettish" must be catching....I have been making orange bags for weeks!!! LOL! Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Looks beautiful, Judith. You know I love orange!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this bag but next time would make the inside pockets a inch or more wider to fit my Note3 phone if I didn't want to use the outside pocket.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. That's the beauty of Chris's designs. We can always personalize them!

      Delete