Saturday, July 9, 2016

Bag of the Month Club - May - Brooklyn by Swoon


I did my Brooklyn (pattern by Swoon) in vintage cotton fabric and vinyl. The vinyl was a bit thick and pushed my machine. This is a relatively quick sew and the pattern comes with two sizes. I made the handbag size (11" long x 7" tall x 5" deep) rather than the traveler size (16" long x 10" tall x 7" deep). This was the May pattern for the Jan-June 2016  Bag of the Month Club. The pattern also includes tips for using vinyl. This is a really cute bag with a bit of a retro feel. You can get your own pattern here.


The bag secures with an extra long zipper that opens really wide. The side clips add style. It has an interior zippered pocket. The pattern provides an option for a removable shoulder strap that I did not make for my version.


 
This is a fun little bag that holds a lot.
 
 
Until next time, may you sew with joy, stay healthy and be filled with God's awesome blessings!
                                                                                                                                          Judith



5 comments: