Saturday, August 13, 2016

July Blog of the Month Club Bag -- Sadie by Swoon Patterns

Sadie front
I finally got a chance to finish my version of the July Bag of the Month Club pattern -- Sadie by Swoon. I made mine in vintage cotton and faux leather (vinyl). She was not a difficult sew--I did have issues with my machine and the thickness of the faux leather I chose. But I learned a lot!

Sadie finished to about 13" wide x 9" tall x 3-6" deep (there is a zippered gusset on the bottom that allows the bag to expand from 3' deep to 6" deep) as shown in the photos below.



Bottom zippered gusset closed
Bottom zippered gusset open
 
 
 
Front with flap open
 There is a large slip pocket all the way across the back that you can see below.

Back showing large exterior slip pocket
Interior showing large slip pocket
And inside there is another large slip pocket as shown in the photo above. The pattern and directions were clear and easy to follow. Included are tips for choosing and working with the vinyl. There are diagrams with each step. This is not a difficult pattern, but is probably better for intermediate sewers because the vinyl adds some challenges. I love the way she looks when finished.
Sadie front

Until next time, may you sew with joy, stay healthy and be filled with God's awesome blessings!                                                                                                                                          Judith



 

3 comments: